Saturday 15 September 2012

Beauty Detox Solution: Intro



Health fads come and go. Studies tell us to eat more carbs, then next time, to eat less carbs, to eat more protein, to eat less protein, and the vicious cycle continues while people yo-yo up and down on the scale and continue to deal with major health issues. I don't know about you, but I'm tired of the confusion myself.

This book, however, is NOT a fad. It's not a quick and easy fix to drop that extra weight and then resume those eating habits we've had all our life. This is a complete lifestyle change. No backsies. This change is not only to help us lose those extra pounds we've been fighting, but to help our overall health and fight disease. If I had read this book when I was younger, I might have taken some of the principles from it, but I don't think I would have taken it as seriously as I do now. I wasn't ready for a lifestyle change at that time in my life. I'm ready now, completely willing and totally motivated. I'm blessed that the hubster is on the same page and also willing to make the necessary changes to our lifestyle. It makes it much easier when both are on board.

If you're interested in diving into this with me and exploring how we can make our eating habits, choices and lifestyle healthier, be environmentally friendly, and help reduce our carbon footprints, then come along for the ride. If you're not there yet, I still encourage you to read through the thoughts with me, and hold these ideas on the back-burner of your brain, until you're ready to bring it forward and make the change yourself. :)

Of course, Ideally I would rather that you all read this book yourself, either purchasing it or loaning it from your local library (if they don't carry it, ask them to bring it in). This is presently a loaner, but I'm in the market to own one asap. Reading this book will ultimately give you the full research, food plans and everything else you need to ensure success in your life change, however for now, I would like to go through the book, chapter by chapter, and sum up the main ideas presented. This will hopefully give you a start and get the wheels turning.

I will warn you now, what Kimberly Snyder talks about concerning food and healthy eating practices, goes against everything we've ever been told or brought up believing. It's a complete mind switch. If you're willing and open-minded, it's a change for the better. We have been slowing transforming our eating habits and already, in just a couple of weeks, Both Hayden and I have noticed a difference in our energy levels and feeling fuller and satisfied longer. I've noticed a difference in my skin and have already dropped 4 pounds…without even trying!

This book is so profound, and for those of you who know me, I'm very health conscious and passionate about health anyway, thus this was the perfect token for me. This books' contents are too good to keep to myself, and I'm just bursting to share it with anyone who would like to know! Thus I willingly and excitedly share it with you! I hope you will take it to heart. The key isn't to focus on what we CAN'T eat, but rather, rejoice and enjoy what we CAN eat. :) And enjoy it we shall.

Stay tuned for Chapter 1!

Till next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment